The Family Practice Designation Qualified Mediator (Family) – Q.Med (Fam) is a new ADRIC professional Designation that has been adopted by several affiliates including ADRIM, ADRIA and ADRISK).
This designation requires the following:
- Successful completion of 40 hours of ADRIC-Accredited mediation training covering specific areas (see criteria);
- 100 hours of ADRIC-Accredited specialized training in dispute resolution or related field, which must include a minimum of 80 hours specialized Family Mediation training.
- Administrative Experience
- Demonstrate an ability to handle the administrative aspects of a separation/ divorce mediation from beginning to end by describing your typical process from intake of clients to follow-up after the mediation. Include one sample of your Agreement to Mediate and any other paperwork you use with clients.
- Provide a copy of a redacted separation/ divorce mediated agreement to show knowledge of the process (or provide a sample based on your supervised practice mediation).
- Practical experience
- Two years of experience working with families in a related context
- Two family co-mediations (paid or unpaid) where the applicant has clearly been the lead mediator
- Skills Assessment
- One supervised and assessed practice family mediation (assessed by a supervisor approved by the Regional Affiliate).
- ADRIC requires all Designated members to provide proof of a minimum of $1 million insurance coverage for their protection and for the protection of those for whom they provide services and designated members must also commit to Continued Education and Engagement(CEE).
For more information go to: https://adric.ca/professional-designations/family-practice-designations/
For more information about the Q.Med (Fam) Designation process, courses, training and mediation practice please contact a Family Mediator at ADRIM TODAY!